Written by Julia McCutchen
Once you appreciate fully the value of this new mindset, it is then a question of taking appropriate action to create the right circumstances to access and maintain your conscious and creative flow.
So what does it really mean to be a conscious and creative writer?
Here are the 7 Core Principles:
1. Presence: being fully awake to the moment – the Now- points towards the truth of what it means to be totally Present. The emphasis here is on Being rather than doing, essence rather than form. Here you connect with the true source of your most inspired ideas and understand the infinite nature of conscious creativity.
2. Alignment: complete alignment of body, mind, emotions and soul leads to discovering the unique gifts you have to share with the world and your authentic voice. Working consciously with the full creative cycle, alignment leads to living your true purpose and writing what you are here to write.
3. Intuition: an important gateway to conscious creativity and conscious writing, intuition functions beyond the mind. Rising above thought but using the mind as the vehicle, intuition is a distinct sense of Knowing and will guide you at every step along the path to successful published authorship – and beyond.
4. Balance: there are two fundamental principles underlying the world as we know it. The active, yang principle and the passive/receptive, yin principle. Finding the point of balance between opposites enables you to apply a whole-mind approach to crafting your words on the page and communicating with impact.
5. Simplicity: the ‘less is more’ principle often presents a challenge for writers who tend to have an abundance of ideas and an enthusiasm for sharing them with others. Yet in an age of information overload and decreasing attention spans, sharpening the focus by concentrating on the essentials dramatically improves the chances of reaching, and being heard by, a wide international audience.
6. Authenticity: the standard definition of authenticity includes the words real, credible, genuine, original and true which are also positive descriptions of powerful writing. Yet the true potential is revealed by understanding that authenticity is present when the inner you (the real you) is connected to the outer you (the interface you have with the world) empowering all that you think, say, do… and write!
7. Connection: for many writers the process is not complete without sharing the stories, the message and the meaning with others. In the contemporary world we have more opportunity than ever before to connect with other members of our tribe – people of a like-mind who will benefit from and enjoy the results of our conscious and creative expression.
Why is it worth applying these principles and becoming a conscious and creative writer?
Being open to the journey in to yourself which conscious and creative writing inspires leads you to access your authentic voice and the truth of what it is you want to say ever more deeply.
In turn, you discover a different relationship to yourself and to the world around you which is beyond fear and infused with meaning, purpose, creative fulfillment, and freedom.
Your ideas are permanently inspired, synchronicity is an everyday occurrence, you live your truth and are recognized for sharing your gifts with the world in a joyful and abundant way.
Over the next few weeks and months we will explore each of these principles in turn and identify how to apply the wisdom to your writing activities. You will then have your own tool kit of resources to support you on your journey to successful conscious and creative authorship.
About the author
Julia McCutchen is the Founder & Creative Director of the International Association of Conscious & Creative Writers (IACCW) where writers discover their authentic voice – on the page and in the world. She offers FREE articles, audios and videos for writers at www.JuliaMcCutchen.com. For a FREE 10 Point Action Plan to discover your authentic voice plus information on training and the benefits of joining the IACCW writer’s community, visit www.iaccw.com
Connect to us via our other social media buttons. Just pick your click!